Thank you for reading my very first recipe!
I will be the first to admit that all of my recipes are inspired from someone, some recipe, or some food that I happen to glance at. I am not a chef, but a person always working hard at getting my vegetables in each day! Inspiration to new ways to fix your vegetables are everywhere if you are looking for it. This recipe is my variation of a salad I found in the Forest Feast Gatherings cookbook. The adjustments I made are reflective of foods I often have around my house making it ideal for my home and lifestyle. Also, I had been wanting to get familiar with zucchini noodles and was thrilled to of found an attachment for my kitchen aid mixer (zucchini spiralizer) and it has been a joy playing with it. I included the link to the one I have that can attach to my kitchen aid here. I purchased it at Costco for a lesser price but there are also more reasonably handheld options such as this one here and has great reviews!
I will undoubtedly make this a few times and show other variations simply because this is very versatile, like so many salads are! I choose to make this earlier in the day and kept some of the ingredients separate until I served it to keep that fresh appearance.
Zucchini Spiral Summer Salad
Enjoy the abundance of summer squash available during the warm months with this fun colorful salad. Don’t be afraid to add more vegetables and herbs to fit your flavor preference!
- 4 large/medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup pesto (I used pesto and quinoa from Trader Joes)
- 1 tbsp sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cup mushrooms
- 1 medium shallot
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Cut shallot and mushroom to desired size and sauté with olive oil over medium heat about 8-10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Wash and trim zucchini. Use veggie spiral tool on all zucchini and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in pesto and sun dried tomatoes in bowl with zucchini. I tend to go on the softer side with sauces and dressings. Adjust to your liking!
- Add cooled mushroom and shallot to zucchini bowl and toss all ingredients together. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Before serving, add tomatoes, parsley, and toasted pint nuts on top of salad. Enjoy!